Our client is a leading refrigerated vehicle rental company, with extensive operations both in the UK and across Europe and North Africa. The fleet ranges from small refrigerated vans to larger vans, up to tractor units and trailers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our client’s brand new 2.5 million purpose built facility in Wakefield and they currently require a HGV Mechanic.
The role will require some work on weekend days, and you will be expected to join our out-of-hours call out service on a rota basis, to respond to breakdowns.
- To ensure all service and inspection documentation is correctly completed.
- Management of individual workload and job assignment.
- Accurate completion of job sheets and quantification of time.
- Use of workshop equipment in a correct manner.
- Contribute towards effective "preventative maintenance".
- Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Correctly record the use of parts.
- Supply own tools as specified from the Company.
- Complete all work to a "right first time standard".
- Prepare and submit vehicles to a standard appropriate for the issuing of an annual test certificate.
- Communicate accurately with Foreman / Manager as to Work in Progress and any anticipated delays or issues.
- Ensure that knowledge is in line with modern technologies and developments applicable to the role.
- Ensure that good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Excellent knowledge of mechanics & electrics.
- Full Driving Licence (preferably including full HGV entitlements).
- Appropriate technical qualifications.
- Excellent understanding of vehicle maintenance requirements and procedures.
- Effective verbal and written skills, coupled with strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Planning and time management.
- Apprenticeship training as commercial fitter.
- Experience as a mechanic in a commercial vehicle environment.
- City & Guilds levels 1 and 2.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job