My client, a large transport company with a sizable depot in Kidderminster is looking to recruit a skilled HGV Mechanic on a full time basis.
As a fully skilled HGV Mechanic you will work as part of a team in a busy environment and be responsible for ensuring that no vehicle leaves the workshop in an unroadworthy condition, this will be achieved through:
- The diagnosis and repair of vehicles to minimum Dept of Transport standards and in line with the Company preventative maintenance programme
- Complete relevant documents for all work undertaken including reporting to the Line Manager Road testing of vehicles (where qualified to do so)
- Taking or accompanying vehicles for Dept of Transport test as required (where qualified to do so)
- Ensuring the correct and effective safe use of all tools, plant and ancillary equipment
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards Carrying out any other duty deemed reasonable by Management
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience in prioritising a busy workload within a similar environment and due to legislative requirements needs to have a high attention to detail.
To be considered for this position you will have:
- Full Cat C Licence, C&E preferred but not essential
- Previous experience within a similar role
- City & Guilds parts 1 & 2 or equivalent in commercial vehicle repairs
The hours of work for this role as HGV Mechanic are 10pm to 6.30am Monday to Friday.
The successful HGV Mechanic will earn an hourly rate of £16,58.
To apply for this exciting HGV Mechanic role with one of the region’s leading commercial vehicle maintainers: Reply to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV or call Tom at Kemp Recruitment on (Charged at BT Local rate) for further information.