Our client is a family-run garage based in Buckinghamshire. They are conveniently located in Buckingham where it’s accessible from Oxford, Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Banbury and Northampton. With an experienced team of mechanics trained to work on MAN and DAF HGVs, LGVs and trailers.
They are looking for an experienced HGV qualified Mechanic who has good working experience within a dealership.
You should have experience carrying out servicing and repairs to HGV vehicles to a high standard and should work well as part of a team. Contributing to team targets to maximise efficiency whilst taking care with quality workmanship in order to promote excellent customer service.
The majority of the work is garage based, however they are also a DAF partner garage and so provide DAFAID and mobile services.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday 8 am to 6 pm and Saturday 7 am to 12 pm.
22 days holiday plus bank holidays and a company pension scheme.
The HGV Mechanic responsibilities will include:
- Take instruction from charge-hands and carry out work in an efficient and effective manner.
- Diligently complete inspection sheets and job cards to the highest standard.
- Liaise with Parts Department as required.
- Ensure housekeeping is of highest order.
- Report back on any additional work required above that instructed, that may need authority from Customer or Manufacturer.
- Road test vehicles once the repairs have been carried out.
- Develop Best Practice in all service operations and deliver consistently.
- Create and deliver a customer led culture in the service department.
- Ensure all Company, Franchise, Health & Safety and Environmental, ISO policies and standards are adhered to within the service department and branch as a whole.
- Contribute to the effective development of the branch as a whole.
- To deliver world class levels of customer service - Right First Time and on time.
- You will be added to the DAFaid/Mobile 24 breakdown service rota.
- In conjunction with the Service Manager, agree, monitor and achieve Colleague and Customer satisfaction goals, workshop sales and gross profit margins, including labour, sub- let and consumables and Performance standards and KPI’s in the service department.
The ideal candidate will have / be:
- 3 years dealership experience
- Full HGV Licence
- HGV Mechanic qualification
- Quality Workmanship
- Service Operations