Rullion Engineering Limited are currently recruiting on behalf of a large Utilities company based in the Northwest for a HGV Mechanic on a permanent basis. We have been providing our client with experienced Individuals for over 10 years helping to deliver a high number of projects within the Industry.
The purpose of this role is to work as an integral part of a structured team who are responsible for the efficient provision and maintenance of fleet and plant assets for the client at the most cost effective price.
This is an exciting challenge for you to take on the efficient, cost effective provision and maintenance of approximately 1,900 assets for the Company of which there are approximately 230 HGV vehicles. You will be working within a fast paced and challenging part of our business and we are looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to our Transport Services team.
- Delivering all new fleet and plant assets into the business, managing and maintaining these assets, and ensuring that they are the most effective solution for our business requirements
- Working in conjunction with the wider business
- Responsible for the day to day maintenance of the client's plant and fleet assets, ranging from plant items such as:
- HGV's, Vans and 4X4 Vehicles
- Pumps and Trailers
- Due to the diverse range of fleet and plant assets you will require the ability to repair and maintain fleet and plant in a cost efficient manner
- Liaising with Operators with regards to the maintenance and repair of fleet and plant assets
- Commissioning and decommissioning fleet and plant assets
- Keeping appropriate records and ensuring all documentation is filled in accurately and on time
- Complying with Ministry of Transport legislation and Health & Safety regulations, and dealing with Health & Safety issues
- Participating in flexible working, standby and callout arrangements
- Preparing for HGV and LCV MOTs
- Undertaking fault diagnosis via electronic computer software
Knowledge and Skills
- NVQ level 3 HGV Repair and Maintenance certificate
- You will have experience of all aspects of Mechanical servicing and repairs within a fast paced environment, delivering a high standard of work to enable the efficient and cost effective provision and maintenance of fleet and plant to the Company
- You will work together with your team realising a smooth and seamless performance in order to ensure excellent Customer Service to the Business
- You will need to be able to demonstrate the following key areas of expertise and qualification:
- IRTEC vehicle inspection technician
- Transport experience on HGV's, Tankers, Light Vans and Plant
- C+E driving licence (Class1)
- Expert in vehicle electrics and Computer fault diagnosis
- Ideally you will have significant experience within a similar high volume mechanical environment
Should your application be successful and you are offered the role, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with our client will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Rullion is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- NVQ Level 3 in HGV Repair and Maintenance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job