Location: Park Royal
Salary: £37'000 to £44'000 per annum
Contract: Full Time & Permanent
The client is a multi award winning businesswith depots covering the United Kingdom and Europe. This brand truly inspires loyalty from its customers and has no piers. As a HGV Mechanic / Truck Technician you will be responsible for the mechanical and electrical repair, preventative maintenance and modification of a fleet and customer vehicles.
As an HGV Mechanic / Truck Technician reporting to the Workshop Manager, you will carry out preventative maintenance in accordance with company policies and procedures within a team. The successful HGV Mechanic / Truck Technician will be invited to join the company training programme which incorporates on the job training and a modular training schedule.
HGV Mechanic / Truck Technician will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills;
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical defects on all HGV vehicles and related ancillary equipment, replacing parts as and when necessary in line with legislative requirements.
- Complete all relevant paperwork and documentation to the required standard
- Identify possible warranty claims and escalate these to the appropriate persons.
- Preventative Maintenance
- Ensure your workload is completed to the required standard
- Communicate HGV vehicle status with customers when required.
- Remain up to date with the latest HGV vehicle technology and changes by attending Company training programmes.
HGV Mechanic / Truck Technician experience required:
- Fully skilled HGV technician, through a recognised formal training programme (City & Guilds/NVQ) to Level 3.
- Driving licence essential, LGV preferred but not essential
- Post qualification workshop experience in heavy goods vehicle repairs and maintenance are absolutely essential.
The hours of work for the HGV Mechanic / Truck Technician are Monday to Friday 07:30 - 15:30 / 14:30 to 23:00 on a rotating pattern.
The successful HGV Mechanic / Truck Technician can expect to earn £37'000 to £44'000 per annum.
If you a HGV Mechanic / Truck Technician and are interested please contact John at Kemp Recruitment on or send your most up to date CV via this advert.