£33,000 pa - £35,000 pa - Basildon
A marvelous opportunity has arisen for an HGV Mechanic to join a global company offering excellent career growth, training and development. The company is expanding continuously and are a company who offer excellent salary packages and excellent long-term career advancement. .
Job Description for the role of HGV Mechanic
As an HGV Mechanic, the key responsibilities of this role are:-
- To support operational performance by repairing and maintaining the vehicle fleet in a safe manner adhering to Company health and safety policies and procedures and whilst complying with the DVSA standards and statutory regulations.
- To adhere to the health and safety procedures maintaining the housekeeping of the workshop to a high standard to ensure the safety of everyone working within the workshop, or those visiting.
- Self-management to deliver all work to the required quality and within the specified timescales.
- Make decisions on whether vehicles that break down should be recovered or if it is safe for the repairs/works to be carried out at the roadside.
- Hours between 45 - 48 per week
Successful HGV Mechanic will have:
As an experienced HGV Mechanic you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Be apprentice trained or city in guilds or NVQ or Irtec
- Time-served as a mechanical fitter.
- Tire fitting or diagnostics technician
- You must be able to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills are essential for liaising with the customers and colleagues and you must be prepared to attend internal and external training courses.
Benefits Package for the role of HGV Mechanic
- Salary £33 - £35K depending on experience and qualifications
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Good company benefits
If you are interested in the HGV Mechanic role, please click APPLY
DMA specialise in executive search and selection of senior and middle management opportunities within the Commercial, Operations, Sales and Marketing, IT and Technical sectors.
If this particular vacancy is not of interest to you, we have many further opportunities available in these sectors on the DMA website.
Keywords for the role of HGV Mechanic
Mechanic, apprentice mechanic, engineer, plant fitter, maintenance engineer, plant, HGV, buses, coaches.
- MOT testing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job