My client is a leading company in their field. They manufacture and maintain a range of tractors, forklifts and cargo handling vehicles to air and sea ports, terminals, and some of the larger distribution centres and heavy industry companies throughout the UK. They are working exclusively with me to recruit a Field Based HGV Mechanic competent in both mechanical and electrical maintenance of heavy vehicles. The clients you will visit are based within throughout Milton Keynes, Luton and Cambridge and may also include some clients within London and Kent from time to time, so flexibility is needed as you may on occasion need to travel further afield to provide cover.
As a HGV Mechanic working for the company, your role will be to support clients throughout your territory by delivering planned preventive maintenance and breakdown repair to a range of terminal tractors and container lifting vehicles. You will also have the opportunity to train on forklifts and cargo handling machinery over time and become a fully fledged Field Service Engineer for the business, should you wish to.
Based from home you will receive a work schedule each week and will travel across your territory, working on full service project life cycles and offering clients the highest level of service. T
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Planned Preventive Maintenance and Reactive Breakdown and Repair work to a range of terminal tractors, and container handling vehicles
- Mechanical and electrical fault find and repair
- Use of Diagnostics equipment
- Manage and maintain tools, parts and equipment in your care
- Work alone or with other team members on installation and commissioning work
- Deliver High standard of service, understanding the customers needs and expectations.
- Apprenticeship trained or minimum of NVQ level 1,2,3 in commercial or heavy vehicle maintenance or similar
- Mechanical and some Electrical experience
- Proven Experience of some sort of Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and repair (HGVs, tractors, tanks etc)
- Mechanical fault find (pumps, pipes, engines gears, etc)
- Electrical fault finding (sensors, diagnostics etc)
- Experience working with Hydraulic Systems
In return our client offers and attractive package of £28,000 - £31,000 dependent on experience, plus competitive overtime rates and a company van (that you can also use personally). Other benefits include uniform, internet mobile, laptop, company pension, life insurance 25 days holiday (increases with time served) + all bank holidays off and real opportunities to progress your career should you wish. This is a days based role, and the company operates an on call rota of 1 in 4 weekends. The company has an excellent training and support matrix for new mechanics and engineers joining the business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job