OVERVIEW: TRAINEE HGV MAINTENANCE TRAINER / ASSESSOR
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Heavy Goods Vehicle Assessor to join a leading private training provider, working with a flagship national employer.
It is essential that you have extensive experience of working within heavy vehicle service and repair workshops and have a knowledge of current heavy vehicle maintenance technologies, as you will be coaching and mentoring apprentices in this subject.
It is also essential that you hold a minimum Level 3 qualification in a heavy vehicle maintenance related qualification.
It is desirable you hold your assessor qualification (A1, assessor award, TAQA, CAVA, D32/33 or equivalent). This is not essential however, as full training and qualifications are provided for the right candidate.
The role is home based and the apprentice learner caseload is located across the Lincolnshire across to Norfolk.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: HGV MAINTENANCE TRAINER / ASSESSOR
The role is home based and you will be visiting learners in their place of work. Managing your own diary, you will be responsible for a caseload of learners, delivering Heavy Goods Vehicle Maintenance apprenticeships.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: HGV MAINTENANCE TRAINER / ASSESSOR
- Train, assess, motivate and support Heavy Goods Vehicle learners on programmes towards achieving qualifications including Apprenticeships and NVQ's within a sector specific area and in a variety of locations and environments / organisations.
- Managing the apprentices from initial sign up through to timely completion of qualification
- Ensure the highest standards of learner completions are met and to monitor candidates' progress, including carrying out regular progression reviews/additional support reviews.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: HGV MAINTENANCE TRAINER / ASSESSOR
- Minimum level 3 related Heavy Goods Vehicle Maintenance related qualification
- Strong occupational competence in a Heavy Goods Vehicle environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and manage own diary
- Full UK Driving License and use of own vehicle
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: HGV MAINTENANCE TRAINER / ASSESSOR
- A1 Assessor Award (TAQA, CAVA, A1, D32/33 etc.)
- Light Goods Vehicle related qualification and / or experience
SALARY/BENEFITS: HGV MAINTENANCE TRAINER / ASSESSOR
- Starting salary range between £28k - £34k
- Company Car + Fuel Card
- Excellent fringe benefits and opportunity for personal development with further qualifications
Please Note: Oakmoor Recruitment receive a high number of applications and are not always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and we will keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies. All applications must be eligible to work in the UK.
- heavy goods vehicle
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job