HGV Fitter required. Our client is well established family run business who are looking to appoint an experienced HGV Fitter based in Birmingham.
Reporting to the workshop manager you will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of HGV and LGV Vehicles. You will be expected to prepare vehicles for MOT Testing along with regular inspections. You will also be expected to respond to breakdowns and also complete the necessary and legal paperwork.
HGV Mechanic Position Overview
- Carry out MOT inspections and repair (transport)
- Undertake standard vehicle/ equipment inspections, services and repairs
- Diagnose and rectify electrical and mechanical faults
- Working independently attending and managing routine servicing, site breakdowns and ensuring all repairs are controlled and rectified efficiently.
- Participate in providing standby and call out cover
- Ensure all correct paperwork is completed and accurate records maintained
- Responsible for making technical decisions
- Ensuring work load is prioritised and deadlines are met
- Comply with health and safety policy and guidance documents
- Adopt safe methods of working
- Servicing plant, I.E loading shovels, shredder, 360 excavator
HGV Mechanic Position Requirements
- Experienced fitter with chassis and MOT preparation experience
- Previous experience of working HGV, basic welding, hydraulic and auto electrical skills are desirable but not essential.
- Understanding of VOSA (transport) requirements (VOSA certificate desirable)
- Knowledge of vehicle inspections standards and scheduled maintenance requirements
- Able to work well and safely as part of a team
- Able to demonstrate initiative and work unsupervised
- Able to work to tight deadlines, paying close attention to detail.
HGV Mechanic Position Remuneration
- Salary £25,000 - £32,000 (Dependent on experience)
- Monday - Friday, 07:00am - 16:00
- 30 days' holiday, including bank
- Parking on site
- Start ASAP
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy