I am currently looking for an HGV fitter/foreman to work out of my clients depot in Camberley
This role is a Monday to Friday role with one week in four you will be expected to go on to their call out rota.
Please see below description:
- To maintain, inspect, repair and test company vehicles and/or plant and equipment.
- Prepare, present and accompany all vehicles, for annual MOT inspections
- Ensuring a first time pass
- Manage and mentor HGV apprentice - assists with coursework and practical education
- Carry out periodic safety inspections to all HGV vehicles to VOSA inspection manual standards
- Carry out fault diagnosis on complex hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical systems, with a first time fix policy
- To carry out welding, fabrication and body repairs as required
- To attend broken down or accident damaged vehicles and effect permanent or running repairs as required. You will be required to join the existing call out rota
- To prepare and decommission vehicles
- Fitting and removing a diverse range of ancillary equipment, accessories and livery
- To complete associated paperwork to ensure that all statistics and legal information are produced, update dedicated workshop computer system as necessary
- To ensure that all relevant legislation and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to
- To maintain work areas in a safe and clean condition
- To attend training courses linked to PDR reviews and service needs
- To carry out any other duties as instructed by the supervisory staff, which are commensurate to the grade of this post
- Must commit to working the emergency call out rota
- Must be computer literate
- You must be a qualified HGV mechanic with a professionally recognised qualification in Heavy Vehicle / Plant Maintenance and repair (NVQ Level 2 or 3 or equivalent)
- HGV licence holder and CPC desirable, not essential as this can be supplied after qualifying period
- Qualified - City and Guilds Level 3 HGV or equivalent
- Good communicator and able to manage a working workshop with minimal supervision
- Flexible to working hours
- IRTEC Licence holder desired (Inspection Technician Accreditation) or similar professionally recognised qualification in Heavy Vehicle Inspection
- Be conversant with the DVSA produces annual test inspection manuals, which give details of inspection methods and pass/fail criteria
- Experience in hydraulics, pneumatic and electrics would be an advantage, training would be available for the right candidate.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'