Our client is looking for HGV 1 or HGV 2 drivers to join their fleet to carry out multi drops all over the South East of England
- As a representative of the organisation your general appearance and attitude must all be exemplary.
- A multi-drop driver must have a 'can-do’ attitude at all times. If there’s a problem, it is your responsibility to help resolve it, either through your own initiative or by working with the customer or the Company to reach a positive outcome.
- If a customer becomes difficult you should always remain calm, acknowledge the problem and not take anything personal
- A route and times will be planned around the deliveries, you are expected to deliver or collect returns (recycling and depot equipment) in a timely manner.
- When making a delivery, always be courteous and polite.
- If a customer is not available to take the delivery, it is important that the delivery is not left unattended, unless prior authorisation has been given by the depot.
- Before setting off you must carry out an inspection of the vehicle
- Must be able to moved heavy objects around inside lorry
Qualifications And Skills
- Must have a HGV 1 or HGV 2 Driving Licence and digi tacho card
- We cannot accept drivers that have more than 6 points on their licence and have been convicted of a DD, DR, INT endorsement.
- Monday to Saturday with a rostered rest day during the week and a fortnightly 45 hour rest period in line with the working time directive.
- Early morning starts and the shifts are completed on a job and finish basis
- HGV 2 £9.20 per standard hour and £12.35 per standard hour on bank holidays.
- HGV 1 £10.13 per standard hour and £13.60 per standard hour on bank holidays.
All standard hours earned are paid at this rate, including Saturdays and any Rest Days worked. The standard hour plan means you are paid on output, rather than actual time (ie pay for what you do, not how long it takes). The work standards are designed that 100% performance will reflect average ability worker carrying out duties at a steady but sensible pace. Earnings are not however restricted to 100%.
- You will start on 28 holidays which includes 8 bank holidays. Bank Holidays are a normal working day with exception of Christmas Day and New Year’s day (the requirement to work Boxing Day and New Year’s Day varies year-to-year). You may apply for holiday in this time if there is availability on the rota, but otherwise you are required to work at the specified B/H rate. Holidays increase with your length of service after 3 years, 5 years and 10 years.
- HGV Licence
- CPC Card
- Digi Taco Card