FCC Environment have a requirement for a HGV Driver / Operative to be based at our Market Harborough site in Leicestershire.
Working 39 hours over a four day period (Tuesday to Friday) with a 6.30am start and occasional overtime available.
Reporting to the Contract Manager the role will be to drive vehicles, assist in loading and unloading of vehicles and completion of all associated paperwork.
As our HGV Driver/Operator, your responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain a polite and courteous manner towards members of the public
- Carry out daily vehicle checks and routine maintenance i.e. oil and water checks
- Ensure vehicle is washed down at the end of each day and is kept clean and tidy both inside and out
- Transport all collected refuse to a notified disposal point in a secure and safe manner
- Sheet, net or bar off containerized waste prior to transportation
- Report any missed collections
- To assist in winter emergency work such as salting and gritting roads or removal of snow and ice
What skills and experience will you need to be considered?
- HGV Class 2 Licence
- Minimum of 35 hours CPC qualification essential
- Experience in the driving industry.
FCC Environment is a leading UK waste and resource management company, which is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
FCC Environment’s core business centers on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. To make our skills and expertise easily accessible to our customers, our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services – household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance
- Business waste solutions –waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies
- Recycling – material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centres
- Green energy –recovery of energy from waste
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
If you wish to be considered for our HGV Driver/Operator role, please click apply and submit your CV. You will receive an email shortly which you will need to read through.