Driver Petit Forestier UK Ltd - Central London
We are a leading refrigerated vehicle rental company, with extensive operations both in the UK and across Europe and North Africa. Our fleet ranges from small refrigerated vans to larger vans, up to tractor units and trailers.
The company provides a package that includes 5 weeks holiday plus the 8 normal bank holidays, with the opportunity to earn up to 1 week of additional holiday based on length of service within the Company.
As a progressive company, we also offer the opportunity to gain skills through additional training.
A vacancy has arisen at our Central London Depot for a HGV driver, please see below for more details about the role.
Job Title Driver Reporting to Depot Management Team
Summary of the role's main purpose:
To perform movements of the vehicle fleet as directed by the Depot Management Team, in order to ensure that movements are carried out efficiently and safely. To ensure that vehicles are delivered to customers in an excellent condition, and ensure that relevant Company paperwork is completed to a very high standard.
1. Perform vehicle movements as requested by the Depot Management Team.
2. Ensure that vehicles are delivered to customers only where they are in a "ready to rent" state, and ensure that they have been cleaned to the Company’s standards before movement.
3. Accurate and full completion of vehicle check in and check out sheet, including noting of any vehicle damage, ensuring that a representative of the customer or supplier signs the sheet to acknowledge the vehicle condition.
4. Compliance with any other vehicle paperwork required by Company Policies.
5. Contribute towards a safe fleet, by ensuring that any vehicle problems are fed back to the Depot Management Team and Workshops.
6. Ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
7. Communicate accurately with the Depot Management Team about any anticipated delays or issues.
8. Ensure adherence to regulations on driver working hours and associated rest break requirements (rest breaks to be taken out of any contractual breaks allowed, not in addition to them).
9. Submit tachograph records (digital and manual) to the Depot Management Team at the required intervals for download and checking.
10. Adhere to the Petit Forestier Fundamentals at all times.
11. Report any accidents and near misses in line with Company procedures and any relevant legislation.
12. Provide driving licence for inspection every six months and whenever renewed.
13. Notify the Company immediately if any driving licence entitlements are amended, revoked or suspended.
14. Ensure that Driver CPC status is maintained and in place at all times.
15. Ensure that good housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
16. Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
Measures of Success
• Measured Productivity, Quality and Efficiency.• Customer Satisfaction Index.• Record of ongoing personal development.
Resources Available to the Job-Holder
• Relevant in-house training.• PPE.
Level of Decision-Making Authority
POWERS DEVOLVED: Decisions the jobholder can take.
• Timing of breaks under driver regulations (subject to overall contractual daily break limits).
POWERS WITHHELD: Decisions which must be referred elsewhere.
• Allocation of work load.• Pre-approval and approval of overtime.• Any purchases.
Key Leadership Behaviours
• Planning and execution of tasks and accountability for results.
Key Technical Skills
• Working knowledge of current driver regulations and licencing.
Core Areas of Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Full Driving Licence (including at least Class 2 HGV entitlements).
• Full Driver CPC completed and appropriately certified.
• Basic understanding of minor vehicle repairs (bulbs, fluids).
• Effective verbal and written skills, coupled with strong decision making and problem solving skills.
• Planning and time management and ability to meet deadlines.
• Experience of fully completing vehicle check in and check-out sheets.
• Experience in delivery and collection of vehicles.
• Experience as a HGV driver with Class 2 entitlements.