HGV Delivery Driver
Full Time, Permanent
£12.50 - £13.00ph
We are recruiting for a two HGV Delivery Driver who will safely collect, and deliver the our client's hire equipment from customer's sites and our client's depots, ensuring high levels of customer service, whilst maintaining responsibility for legal compliance, load security, and stock accuracy.
Working 40-45 hours per week, Monday - Friday, with the occasional weekend shift.
Our Client helps construction and infrastructure customers deliver projects more quickly, safely and efficiently.
- To drive category C/C+E vehicles safely, legally, and efficiently as required
- To comply with all drivers hours and Road Transport Directive (RTD) legislation
- To load and unload vehicles in a safe manner and maintain safety, and security of load at all times
- To carry out necessary checks to ensure your vehicle is safe and legal and to follow appropriate procedures to action the rectification of any faults found
- To effectively and professionally communicate on site with the customer as a representative of our client
- To complete all paperwork promptly and accurately as required (Including the possible use of hand held scanners / PDA's)
- To maintain clear communication with the hire desk, and promptly feedback any issues around deliveries or collections affecting customer service
- To comply with all Health and Safety requirements in depot, on the road, and at customers sites, and to take responsibility for ensuring own fitness to drive at all times.
You will have
- Driving licence class C / C+E
- Plant hire industry experience preferable
- Lorry mounted crane operational experience
- Working safely at heights
- Manual handling
- Customer focused
In return our client is offering a competitive salary and a range of benefits, which include:
- Holidays: 25 days holiday plus UK bank holidays.
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Income protection
- Pension scheme
- Cash reimbursement for a range of health and wellbeing costs
- Childcare vouchers
- And much more!
Apply Now with an up to date CV for consideration