Due to new contract wins and expansion DHL are currently looking for HGV Class 2 Drivers to join our flagship site in Colnbrook. You will be transporting goods from our site direct to Heathrow Airport and will be supplying goods directly on to aircraft using our specialist High Loader catering vehicles.
You will contribute to the successful day to day functions of the business, ensuring all targets are met and the highest standards of quality, accuracy, safety and hygiene are maintained. To act at all times as an ambassador for both DHL and its customers.
- Ensure the operation meets all requirements by completing each task to the highest quality standards
- To be responsible for the health and safety of yourself and colleagues and anyone who may be affected by your actions by ensuring all tasks are carried out to the relevant procedures and safe working practices at all times
- Ensure a high level of effective communication is maintained with colleagues and management. Any problems or queries should be raised with your immediate line manager in the first instance
- Personal hygiene and appearance to be maintained at a professional and acceptable standard at all times
- Co-operate fully with all team members to achieve goals and targets
- Wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times
- Adherence to the site rules and policies of all airfield visits
- Carry out any reasonable request within the scope of the position
DHL Airside Driver Requirements
- Class 2 (Cat C) Driving License with UK driving experience
- Hold a DCPC card and a Digi-Tacho Card
- Full clean UK Driving Licence
- A means of transport to travel to and from work
- Five year checkable employment history
- Clean criminal Record
- The right to work and reside in the UK
- To be able to speak and understand English to an operationally proficient level
- Proficient to complete the required training given, assessments and designated activities
- Manual handing / previous airfield experience preferred
- Good time keeping
- Ability to work 5 on 3 off roster
- Flexible worker
- Team player
- Driving license class 2 (Cat C) with 1 years' UK driving experience.
- Smith system training.
- Ability to follow work and safety procedures.
- Ability to read and follow directions and instructions.
- Physically fit in order to pass an airside medical test.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; Free On Site Canteen, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: https://youtu.be/RzRHyoCPIcE