Great opportunity has arisen to join a company based in Dereham, Norfolk as an HGV Class 1 Driver and Lead Hand
Lead Hand / Driver:
- Carry out daily checks on assigned vehicle
- Report any vehicle faults
- Wash and disinfected vehicle following task
- Refuel vehicles as required
- Carryout task as directed by HGV Update
- Report any damage to Egg or chick trolleys to Hatchery Manager
- Take vehicles to Garage for repairs and safety inspections
- Monitor and record fuel levels
- Monitor and manage packaging levels and liaise with the hatchery to reorder
- Monitor and manage vehicle safety inspections and organize getting them in to the garage.
- Monitor usage of cleaning products
- Act as the first point of contact for the other drivers
- Maintain the vehicle service schedule and get vehicles in for inspection and MOT in a timely manner
- Update the HGV update of collections and deliveries in the absence of the Transport manager.
- Create PO's for transport items, ie, fuels, cleaning products PPE, etc.
- Download and monitor Delta tracks
You will be fully trained within the role and also continental driving will be required eventually however you will know the rota for this 5/7 weeks before
If you are looking for a progressive role within a company then this could be the one.
MUST HAVE HGV 1 Licence.
Hours Full -time
Holidays 20 days plus bank holidays
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job