This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
Nexus people are currently recruiting for HGV drivers in the Rochdale area. We are looking for someone who can be flexible with their start and finish times, and who has experience driving an HGV Class 1 vehicle (please note you must have had your Class 1 licence for at least 6 months).
Working for one of the UKs leading supermarket, you will be driving a Class 1 vehicle and the role will involve store deliveries as well as the usual vehicle checks and paper work. There may be some manual handling involved and we are looking for HGV Class 1 drivers with a variety of experience who can slot straight in to this amazing opportunity.
There are a variety of different shift times available, and this role presents a real opportunity to go permanent with the client.
For each shift, 8 hours pay is guaranteed (even if the deliveries dont take you that long) and there is work available all year round.
Now for the legal bits….
We appreciate that it has taken a lot of hard work for you to get your HGV Class 1 licence, and that driving an HGV isn’t easy. To make sure you are eligible to drive one of our HGV’s, there are some important criteria you must meet first.
- You should hold a full UK Class 1 HGV Licence, and have held it for a minimum of 6 months
- You only need to have 3 months’ experience in driving a Class 1 HGV commercially
- We need you to have driven commercially for at least 90 days in the last 180, and these must be tachograph recorded
- Whilst we will accept up to 6 points on your driving licence, there must be no DD, TT, DR, CD, IN endorsements
- You must have a Digi Tachograph Card and have a good understanding of the Working Time Regulations
- You will need your DCPC Card
As well as these bits, we are look for individuals who take pride in their appearance, enjoy being part of a bigger team, are motivated in their work, and who are friendly, approachable and engaging.
If this is you, here is what’s on offer!
- £300 bonus for signing up and working!
- 8 hours guaranteed paid - no matter how short your shift might be
- Weekly Pay – no more stretching your wage for the month.
- Free onsite car parking
- Onsite Canteen
- Plenty of overtime available, often with increased rates
- 24 hour support from your fabulous onsite team
- Free PPE equipment provided as standard
- Self employed Drivers welcome
- Immediate starts available
Should you be succesful after 12 weeks in going permanent with the client, there are extra benefits:
- 10% discount in store
- Membership to the company shop with additional discounts
- 25 days holiday
- Day in lieu for working bank holidays
- Pay increase after 12 weeks
If you are interested in this amazing opportunity, please click to apply.
All of our HGV Class 1 drivers are required to go through a driving assessment to assess suitability.
Keywords: HGV, HGV Driver, HGV Driving, HGV Class 1, HGV1 Driver, Class 1,
** IMPORTANT **
Please be aware, Nexus People do NOT charge any fees for arranging work for you - if anyone asks you for money to organise an interview or assessment, please contact our HR team immediately.
*Please note the introductory bonus is subject to terms and conditions
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job