HGV Class 1 Driver / HGV Driver / HGV CE / Class One / Transport / Logistics
Class 1 HGV Driver with an HGV CE License and at least 2 years' HGV experience, including night driving is needed by our client, a high profile and fast-moving Transport and Distribution Service - based in Blandford Forum. Due to their success, they are now looking for a new member to join their team.
You will primarily be responsible for the night trunking operation from the Blandford Forum depot to the central distribution hub.
- Drive a Category C+E vehicle
- Report to the Transport Manager
- Build a strong relationship with the Lead Night Trunk Driver, Network Night Operation, Operate Staff & other Drivers.
- Complete and updating relevant paperwork
- Maintain the safety and security of the load
- Report any issues around load planning and routing to the traffic office
- Operate all vehicle systems including tail lifts, pallet trucks and in cab technology
- Carry out all necessary checks and follow appropriate procedures to ensure the vehicle is safe and legal
- 2 years' minimum HGV CE Driving experience
- Driver Qualification Card
- Maths & English GCSE (or equivalent)
- Understanding of driver's hours' legislation, tachograph procedures and other legal obligations
- Good knowledge of load restraint procedures
- Abilities in route planning and map reading
- Experience driving Longer Semi Trailers (desirable)
- Driver CPC Driving
Benefits: bonus scheme and extra holiday allowance
Type: Contract, Monday to Friday, 5 nights per week
Flexible contracts are also available for 3 or 4 nights per week if required.
Occasional cover at the Chard depot may be required to maintain service levels due to sickness or holidays.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a successful and well-established company in the Transport and Distribution sector. If you possess the skillset and drive to grow with their company, they would love to hear from you.
If this sounds of interest, click the APPLY button below now.
- HGV Class 1 Driver / HGV Driver / HGV CE / Class One / Transport / Logistics
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job