Job Title: HGV Class 1 Day Driver (Monday - Friday)
Salary: £29,000 per annum + overtime
HGV Class 1 Drivers! Are you looking to branch away from nights out and tramping work? Are you looking for permanent and steady hours that allows you to have free time during the week? I have a fantastic new role available in the Tilbury area.
If you`re looking to settle into a permanent and secure role that guarantees you stable day shift patterns, then I need to hear from you today. As my successful candidate you will be working 50 hours on a Monday - Friday basis (day shifts, early starts) which means that you can maintain a healthy work/life balance whilst earning a fantastic wage.
You will gain a wealth of experience in the use of HGV - mounted machinery and equipment and have consistent support from the office team. Are we ticking your boxes? Carry on reading!
- Route planning and selection
- Communicate effectively with Planners and Operations to ensure smooth running of the operation
- Supervise the delivery of the loads
- Complete relevant paperwork regarding the loads
- Ensure the loads are evenly distributed throughout the trailers and do not breach GVW for the relevant vehicle
- Carry out pre work vehicle checks as per company policies
- Report any faults swiftly and accurately as per the company procedure
- Adhere to Drivers Hours Regulations and Working Time Directive at all times
- Drive courteously and respectfully at all times
- Remain up to date with current legislation
- Uphold the company brand image, including uniform / vehicle cleanliness and standards at all times
- Follow training that has been given by the employer, e.g. Safe systems of work etc.
- Full HGV Class 1 (Cat C+E) Licence
- Full CPC and Digital Tachograph Licences
- The ability to commit to early/day shifts
- Good communication and observation skills
- Good Geographical knowledge of United Kingdom
- Prepared to do manual handling work
- Working knowledge of EU Drivers` hour`s rules & regulations.
If you are looking for the next step in your career with a brand new role, then get in touch with Emily in our Head Office.
Looking for a tool to help you with your job search?
Download the Swanstaff APP now for all our latest vacancies, career advice and more!
EMPOWERING PEOPLE WITH OPPORTUNITIES
Swanstaff Recruitment is an equal employment company.