Explore Transport Ltd is currently recruiting for experienced and professional Class 1 Cement Mixer Drivers operating out of depots in the Midlands and North West. Successful candidates will hold a HGV / LGV / C+E / Class 1 , have previous mixer experience and posses a digital tachograph card and full CPC qualification. In addition, a MPQC skills card is desirable. Some Saturday morning work is required and the nature of the work is nationwide therefore nights out will be required on occasions. Your main role will be to provide cover for drivers that are on annual leave or out of the business etc.
In return, we offer competitive rates of pay, guaranteed hours, monthly bonus scheme (subject to performance objectives), direct employment, pension, employee life and accident cover and PPE.
The role would operate from various depots within the Midlands. & North West.
Key accountabilities and work outputs
- Pre drive checks for truck and barrel
- Mixer operated efficiently
- Cab clean and vehicle to be kept in good condition
- Driver uniform and PPE standards to be maintained
- Daily / weekly greasing and general upkeep completed i.e oil / ad-blue /diesel etc
- All PODs completed correctly and accounted for
- Mixer barrel to be clean inside and out with no build up
Nature of the role and area of impact
- Uphold legal compliance for road transport legislation
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Flexible approach
- Have a responsible attitude
- Be able to work and communicate with immediate customers, suppliers, other drivers and company staff
- Full UK driving licence
- HGV/LGV/C+E/Class 1 held for at 12 months minimum
- Have no more than 6 points on your licence (NO DR, DD OR IN codes)
- Possess a digital tachograph card and full CPC
- EPIC Card
- MPQC Card
- Must have cement mixer experience
- Have attained a full understanding of tachograph legislation
- Speak English to a high standard
Skills / Knowledge
- Have construction logistics knowledge / experience (desirable)
- Maintain high industry standards of safety, health and security
- Ability to work in an unsupervised environment
If you feel you would want to join and develop with Explore Transport Ltd, please apply now.