Add an annual turnover of $20.9 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 1.9 million vehicles spread across 9,600 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
Enterprise Flex-E-Rent is a division of Enterprise Rent a Car that provides a flexible rental solution to long term customers throughout the UK and we are currently looking to recruit a Automotive Technician to join our workshop team based in Derby.
The Automotive Technician will be predominantly workshop based with mobile capability to cover Derbyshire taking care of general vehicle maintenance duties including; MOT preparation, servicing, repairs, breakdowns, preventative maintenance inspection of both light and heavy vehicles, health and safety & ISO14001 related issues at all times.
- Carry out preventative maintenance inspections to the highest standard ensuring all vehicles are safe and road tested prior to confirming completion.
- As and when requested be prepared to work at the customer’s premises to carry out servicing, repairs, inspections etc, this may also involve working on Saturdays.
- Prepare all vehicles to the highest standard for MOT to ensure minimum amount of failure`s occur to constantly maintain a PRS and Final pass rate above 95%.
- Service and maintain all vehicles to the highest standard at all times whilst ensuring the vehicles are operating safely and compliant with legislation. Ensuring all vehicles are road tested prior to confirming completion wherever possible
- Ensure any wheels removed are refitted in the correct manner and wheel nuts torqued using the companies calibrated torque wrenches to the correct settings. (As per the wheel retorque policy).
- Wherever required steam clean the vehicles in preparation for maintenance /inspection & MOT presentation.
- Whenever called upon attend breakdowns whilst ensuring you are working in a safe manner at all times
- Ensure good housekeeping of the Workshop & vehicles and your work area at all times.
- Ensure we comply with our commitment to our ISO14001 accreditation, by maintaining segregation of waste into the relevant areas at all times and general good housekeeping.
- Where required, collect and deliver vehicles.
- Where required, collect and deliver vehicle parts
- Strong organisation skills
- The ability to work alone and manage your own time
- A full UK driving licence
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Experience in working on HGV's
- NVQ level 3 in Engineering for motor vehicle maintenance and/or City & Guilds level 2 in motor vehicle Maintenance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job