We are currently recruiting HGV 2 drivers for our client who deliver products to secure locations for personal use/consumption.
Your key responsibilities as a HGV 2 driver is delivery of general merchandise goods, using a commercial motor vehicle, meeting company, customer and legislative requirements. You will be delivering to sensitive locations where you will get unloaded. It is essential that you are punctual to ensure these products are delivered timeously. However, there may be times where there are lengthy waiting periods to enter the premises.
You will also be required to pass a DBS Check (Disclosure Barring Service) due to the nature of the role. (No criminal record)
- To follow customer specific procedures
- To report any defect as soon as reasonably practicable using the defect reporting procedures
- To work according to the Safe Systems Of Work (SSOW) at all times and follow manual handling instructions
- To ensure all work is completed accurately, efficiently as set out in the company polices, processes and procedures.
- Secure loads effectively and ensure loads are within the weight limits
- Valid Class 2 Driver's Licence (Maximum 6 points, no drink driving convictions)
- Ability and Flexibility to work shifts
- 6 months previous experience of driving LGV vehicles
- You will be required to pass a driving assessment which also includes a Highway Code and Theory test
- Knowledge of geographical area
- Ability to follow work procedures and safety rules
- Ability to read, understand and follow directions/instructions
- Good command of the English language
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Be comfortable entering sensitive locations
- Ability to move product which may require bending, stretching, stooping, stepping, reaching and/or lifting, in line with Health & Safety regulation
Canteen - Vending machines, hot drinks, fridge for lunch storage
Car parking facilities
If you feel this position is for you then please apply today for immediate response!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job