Our client based in Shropshire is offering an exciting new career opportunity for an energetic cattle enthusiast. This role would suit someone looking for a new and rewarding challenge. As the Herd Development Manager you will be responsible for the day to day care of the cattle and growing the breeding programme from its early stages into a herd of the finest Wagyu cattle in Europe. Our client is passionate about creating high standards of welfare, quality genetics and a sensational eating experience with their cattle
We are looking to recruit an individual in the cattle breeding sector who is extremely passionate about all things breeding - pedigrees, showing, quality genetics, and breed development. They also need experience of being a stockman - looking after and caring for cattle on a daily basis. Good expereince of calving is essential.
Main Purpose of Role:
To manage and develop the day to day operations of a newly established herd of Full Blood Wagyu cattle. Overseeing all breeding events, nutrition, record keeping, general husbandry and herd promotions.
- The day to day running of the herd and recipients.
- Develop the breeding programme to meet agreed objectives.
- Manage nutrition for both the full blood herd and recipients.
- Record and monitor all aspects of herd performance including; feed intakes, growth rates and health.
- Work closely with the Herd Owner to develop a strong sales and marketing plan.
- Farm cleanliness and appearance.
- Hosting of farm visitors and potential customers
- Work closely with the Herd Owner to ensure good budget control.
- Report regularly to the Herd Owner on key performance criteria.
- Manage and organise relief staff to cover weekends and holidays.
- To continuously develop and improve yourself.
- To complete any other duties as required from time to time.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"