To carry out telephone and face-to-face assessment of people suffering from, or at risk of, domestic abuse to enable them to access relevant services. Providing, non-judgmental, non-directive and confidential support and advice to women and men.
1. To respond to Helpline calls, assessing risk levels and agreeing safety plans as appropriate.
2. To accept and process referrals from partner agencies in accordance with relevant procedures, completing risk assessments and obtaining and recording all necessary information.
3. Refer relevant cases to MARAC, IDVA or Safeguarding Agencies following appropriate procedures.
4. Based on relevant criteria refer client to appropriate services (e.g. Outreach, Freedom Programme, Refuge or Sanctuary) liaising with relevant agencies.
5. Discuss and agree short-term support requirements and arrangements with clients, e.g.
a. Information on legal and welfare rights, housing and benefits
b. Sign-posting to other agencies and specialist services
c. Advocacy for victim and children
d. Contact arrangements (method, time, location)
6. Understand and keep up to date knowledge of issues that affect minority groups, e.g. HBV, NRPF, forced marriage, FGM, travelling communities, same sex relationships in order to provide access to appropriate services.
7. To liaise with partner agencies and other key stakeholders as appropriate to ensure that good communication and co-operation is maintained.
8. To ensure that all relevant documentation and records are completed and submitted in an accurate and timely manner, including those required by commissioners.
- Experience/understanding of the impacts of domestic and sexual abuse
- IT literate
- Understanding of safeguarding processes
- Evidence of the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, including the ability to listen actively and match communication to the needs of the recipient
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths & English (Grades A* - C)
- Enhanced DBS
- Up to date knowledge of housing, criminal, civil and welfare rights legislation relating to domestic violence
- Specialist knowledge of FGM/HBV/FM and same sex relationships
- customer service
- social care
- contact centre
- social housing
- at risk clients