The Helpdesk Technician will be responsible for providing 1st line support on a global helpdesk. Working for this international organisation who are going through a period of sustained growth, the Helpdesk Technician will join a motivated, quality-focussed team who take exceptional pride in their standards. Based within a fantastic, corporate office with good public transport links, you will be rewarded with 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, pension scheme and a positive working environment. The company has genuine career progression opportunities and are looking for people who want to develop and contribute to the company`s success.
To apply for the Helpdesk Technician role, you will have experience within a 1st line helpdesk support role, skills in trouble shooting, Active Directory, MS Exchange and exceptional communication skills.
As a member of the team, the Helpdesk Technician will be responsible for providing support to local and international users via phone, e-mail or through the website. You will work on incidents and tasks based around hardware, software and telephony systems, as well as trouble shooting for 2nd and 3rd line support teams.
- Deliver prompt support solutions for Windows computer systems, Linux Virtual Terminals (VDI), Cisco phone and networked enterprise services by phone, via e-mail, or through remote sessions
- Set realistic expectations with the end-user and communicate issues which negatively impact expectations in a timely manner
- Effectively resolve escalated workstation issues
- Effectively document all support efforts into the incident tracking system
- Assist with troubleshooting outages/interruption of services
- Contribute to the ongoing cycle of improving End User Support processes
- Support the New Hire, Termination, and Transfer processes, complying with corporate policies and procedures through proper documentation and the timely execution of the workflow tasks.
- Flexible work schedule to ensure global coverage
- 2 years` helpdesk experience
- Excellent customer service & troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Active Directory
- Windows 7
- Blackberry Enterprise Server
- GOOD (MDM)
- Lotus Notes
- McAfee EPO
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office 2010/ 365
- RSA Authentication Manager
- Virtualization (VMware\Citrix)
- Basic Networking understanding (TCP/IP)
Keywords: IT, helpdesk, 1st line, support, hardware, software, server, MS Exchange, 2nd line, service desk, IT support
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven`t contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job