Helpdesk Systems Administrator
Helpdesk Systems Administrator
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
About the company:
Our client is based in Newbury is looking for a confident and dynamic individual to provide IT support to their hosting infrastructure. You will be enthusiastic and have an aptitude to learn quickly. Our client hosts a plethora of websites and applications covering over 100 well known brands. Due to local and global growth they are actively seeking additional support personnel to assist them in maintaining their SLA targets and company goals.
Duties of the Helpdesk Systems Administrator:
- Acting as first point of contact for all incidents and service requests.
- Prioritise and escalate work based on business impact.
- To resolve and escalate incidents/service requests through internal and external ticketing systems.
- To Champion daily checking of monitoring alerts and system reports to identify potential issues early.
- To liaise with other teams, clients and suppliers with regards to incidents, problems and the inherent solutions.
- To represent our business in a professional manner at all times.
Requirements of the Helpdesk Systems Administrator:
- Minimum of 2 years previous IT Helpdesk experience
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Desire to provide 1st & 2nd line support initially with a drive to learn new technologies and skills.
- Ability to explain technical issues to non-technical personnel.
- To communicate effectively at all levels of the organisations, through emails, face to face or over the telephone.
- Logical thought process for troubleshooting purposes.
- Ability to manage time effectively to achieve the defined tasks within the deadlines set by the business
- Ability to work under your own initiative and to deadlines under pressure
- Confidence to question and challenge decisions
- Conscientious with an excellent attendance record
- Motivated through the delivery of a quality service
- Working knowledge of MS Windows Operating System 7/10, Server 2008 / 2012
- Knowledge of Active Directory. Hyper-V and SQL Server.
- At least a basic understanding of the ITIL framework specifically relating to service management.
- Previous experience of website and application hosting (Desirable)
- Working knowledge of RHEL/Centos and common Linux administration tasks (Desirable)
- Basic scripting knowledge in PowerShell, BASH and Python (Desirable) or a strong desire to learn such skills
- TCP/IP Networking skills including subnetting, routing and web-based protocols (Desirable)
- Understanding of Firewall administration and reporting (Desirable)
- Knowledge of common threats and vulnerabilities and the relevant mitigation tactics (Desirable)
Helpdesk Systems Administrator Benefits:
- 21 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Local Gym Membership is available
- Career development through industry training and exams
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Helpdesk Systems Administrator role is right for you then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job