Helpdesk Support Apprentice - SE1 1NL - London Bridge
Do you have:
WILLINGNESS TO LEARN?
ABILITY TO TAKE FEEDBACK?
PROPENSITY TO TAKE ACTION?
We call this #EEWAP, and if you are full of #EEWAP then an apprenticeship with Tech City Stars could be PERFECT for you!
WHAT DOES THIS JOB INVOLVE?
A global organisation with offices in the UK, Dubai and USA. The company has over 20 years of experience in IT Services, IT Security and Telecoms.
The role is ideal for someone looking for their first job in IT or looking to gain further experience working in a corporate IT Team. Working with the existing helpdesk team to offer 1st line support over the telephone or on site.
We can provide the successful candidate with a great platform to learn, with the potential for further certifiable training available to give them the tools and real-world experience to succeed.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Able to replace HW components when faulty.
- Install, and configure PCs, laptops, printers, network routers and Wi-Fi.
- Investigation and resolution (first-time fix) of common desktop issues (e.g. printing issues, account lockouts, etc.)
- Admin Tasks e.g. create new users, action leavers, IT Procurement.
- Liaise with external technicians and suppliers when necessary.
- Being able to troubleshoot and resolve problems remotely or on customer’s site.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required by the purview of the post.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BE GOOD AT?
Our client would be particularly interested in candidates with;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skills in problem solving, organisation and planning
- IT Literate; proficient with Microsoft office applications proficiency, especially Word & Excel
- Minimum GCSE Grade of C in Maths and English
All you need is EEWAP - Energy, Enthusiasm, Willingness to Learn, Ability to Take Feedback and Propensity to Take Action.
You’ll also need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Employer Partnerships team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
- Keen, and a fast learner.
- Team player.
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to follow instructions.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
There’s tons of information on Tech City Stars, our qualifications and our process for helping young people to kickstart their careers on our website - www.techcitystars.co
ABOUT TECH CITY STARS
Tech City Stars helps talented young people to start their careers through exciting apprenticeships with a focus on digital skills. Apprentices can choose from one of our three advanced apprenticeship pathways - Digital Marketing, IT Support & Networks and Web & Software Development. Once you’ve applied, we’ll work with you to understand which pathway is the best fit for your skills, personality and interests and then we’ll introduce you to employers looking for apprentices in that pathway.
Every week, Tech City Stars puts on an awesome event where employers come to meet a group of young people who are full of #EEWAP and who are looking for apprenticeships. The event lasts a full day, and every candidate gets the opportunity to meet and impress a group of awesome businesspeople who are looking to hire apprentices. After the event, employers invite successful candidates to work trials in their offices, and if that goes well - hey presto - YOU’RE AN APPRENTICE!
- Customer Service
- Problem Solving
- Technical Support
"Office Assistant jobs in London"