Help Desk Technician
My client has a vacancy for a Help Desk Technician to take responsibility for the monitoring and maintaining of the computer systems and networks within their organisation.
- Answering telephone.
- Providing front-line technical support to clients through different methods (phone, email, face-to-face).
- Liaising between workshop and clients.
- Signing in of stock (when required).
- Where appropriate provide basic training and advice of software use after installation.
- Resolving problems with computer related devices such as printers, projectors, interactive whiteboards etc.
- Installing/reinstalling hardware and software on laptops and personal computers
Skills/ Attributes required:
- Full UK driving licence
- An ability to assess each customer/employee's IT knowledge levels.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal with difficult callers.
- Logging and keeping records of customer/employee queries
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
- Preferred Knowledge of servers including but not limited to: SBS - 2008 & 2011; and Server 2003 & 2012
- Working knowledge of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- Strong understanding of web-based technologies.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Logical Thinker.
- Good organisational skills.
- Keen interest in computer technology developments with an up-to-date technical knowledge.
- Technical Support