United Shields - Helmet and Shield Cutter
Andover - Walworth Industrial Estate
Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 4:00pm
Friday 7:00am - 3:00pm
12-week temp to perm for the suitable candidate
£7.83 per hour however, will increase after 12 weeks
United Shield International is one of the leading ballistic and fragmentation protection equipment manufacturer with headquarters in Michigan, USA, and design and manufacturing operations in Andover, Hampshire, in the United Kingdom.
United Shield's team have more than eighty years collective specialist experience and expertise of designing and manufacturing ballistic helmets, body armour, ballistic shields, hard armour plates, EOD/IED protection equipment, mine clearance and demining equipment and a variety of other ballistic and fragmentation protection products.
This is a role for an ideal candidate who is looking for longevity and career progression with a company that is a leading manufactory in their field. Throughout the job there is progression both within the role and company. As a Helmet and Shield Cutter you will be provided in-house training to create the highest quality ballistic helmets and shields.
You will receive a 30-minute break and two 10-minute breaks with free staff parking and canteen facilities. All PPE is provided by United Shields themselves.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have the Following:
- The Ideal Candidate must be interested in a permanent position
- Ability to consistently follow specific process instructions
- The willingness to learn, work and progress not only within the role but also the company
- Either a background or interest in mechanics, engineering and tools
- Good hand-eye coordination as the position requires consistent use of hand tools
- This can be a fast-paced environment, the Ideal Candidate must be able to be concise and consistent whilst keeping up with the pace of the team they are working with
- The Ideal Candidate must be able to work well with a team and be happy to work within a close-knit group of people
- The Ideal Candidate must be flexible with their working times and ability to contribute to overtime hours
- Ability to maintain a safe, clean, organised work environment
- As the role involves paperwork, the Ideal Candidate must have basic Maths and English Skills
Please Note: Active Staff are acting as Recruitment Agency for the client. Also, that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Please Note: Due to a high volume of applications, if you have not heard from us within 5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful at this time.