GlobalData’s journalist team publishes real-time news on the most price-sensitive and material issues in the global healthcare market. This challenging position will include investigating and writing about key and material situations in the drug development and pharmaceutical spaces, particularly genitourinary diseases, infectious diseases and contract service providers.
You will interview and build a comprehensive source book of key opinion leaders, physicians and industry experts, with expectations to keep in regular touch. You will write in-depth analysis pieces and breaking news on a real-time basis with a target of 3-4 stories a week.
What you will do
- Write in-depth analysis pieces and breaking news on a real-time basis with a target of 3-4 stories a week.
- Interview and build a comprehensive source book of key opinion leaders, physicians and industry experts, with expectations to keep in regular touch.
- Attend regular source meetings and events to build solid rapport with industry experts.
- Travel across the US or Europe (depending on location) to cover academic and industry conferences.
What you will bring to the table
- Scientific and journalism background required, as well as a demonstrable understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and R&D landscape.
- UK Bachelor degree, or equivalent, preferred
- Previous experience on a daily or weekly healthcare-related publication is preferred.
- Excellent communication, networking, writing and interviewing skills are required; an extra language would also be a bonus. Ability to work in an interactive, time-sensitive and deadline-driven environment (often accommodating different global time zones).
- Adaptable to working independently as well as with a team-oriented reporting approach.
- Time Management
- Meet Deadlines
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job