Health Care Professional (HCP)
Location: The designated base is in Melksham, however there will also be county wide travel during the shift.
Salary: £33,660 per annum
Shifts: 2days, 2nights, 4off
This post will involve flexible working across a 24-hour shift rota (days, evenings and night shifts) in a 7 day a week service. You will be required to have access to private transport. Teamwork and flexibility are central to our approach, along with commitment and a “can do” attitude to working in this manner is fundamental.
G4S Medical Services are considered by our existing customers as one of the market leaders within forensic medical services. We have vast experience of providing large scale clinical services on a 24/7 basis having provided forensic medical services to custody and SARC environments for over 9 years. We are a clinically driven company with an equally strong operations management team. Focus is on delivering quality of service and high patient outcomes through the utilisation of a skilled, experienced and professional clinical team supported by both robust clinical and corporate governance processes.
G4S Medical Services recognises and values the differences between people and seeks to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse community within which the company operates. As part of our commitment to the highest standards of employment practices we aim to provide equality of opportunity and fairness to all.
We work together with our customers to deliver effective and efficient quality health and social care in the criminal justice system.
Job Outline: Attending police custody to assess, document and treat detainees and determine fitness to remain in custody.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assessment/Treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Determination of fitness to be detained in custody
- Determination of fitness to be released
- Determination of fitness to be interviewed and charged: competent to understand charge
- Determination to transfer, or be interviewed by the police detaining body
- Examination and forensic sampling of adult suspects of serious crime
- To carry out examinations in accordance with G4S medical capital services guidelines
- All police calls should be attended without delay
- To be available for court attendance when requested
- To treat the detained person as a patient and make clear that no evidence can be treated in ‘confidence’
The Ideal Candidate:
- HCPC paramedic or Registered General Nurse with at least 2 years post qualification experience.
- Ability to take blood samples
- Full Driving License and own vehicle
- Experience in an autonomous/lone working role
- A+E or practice nursing background or State registered paramedic
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Here at G4S we are an equal opportunities employer. We are very proud to have been awarded the Two Ticks Disability Symbol that demonstrates our continuing commitment to recruit, retain and develop the abilities of people working with disabilities.