Sirona Medical are looking to recruit a selection of Healthcare Assistants to work with our client on an Agency/Locum basis located in Surrey.
If you are available and interested in working with Sirona Medical as a Healthcare Assistant then please do not delay in contacting us.
Job Role: This particular role is based within an acute hospital in Surrey on several different wards.
The Healthcare Assistant will be expected to help and assist the Nurses with day to day routines including personal care and feeding.
The Healthcare Assistants must have at least 6 months experience in completing observations that are essential as in Blood pressures, Temperatures and ECG's.
This hospital offers many different shifts patterns for Healthcare assistants including long days, nights and weekends with an opportunity to book you for shifts one week in advance.
Healthcare Assistants help with the day-to-day care of patients, either in homes, hospitals or in patient’s own homes.
Healthcare Assistants are a vital member of the team in hospitals and people homes and clinics.
If you would like to care for people and make a positive difference to their lives, this could be the ideal job for you.
Employers will be keen to see that you have a friendly and caring attitude, and understand and respect people who need healthcare support.
Previous experience and/or qualifications in care are essential to apply for this role.
As a Healthcare Assistant you would work under the supervision of Nursing staff along with lots of other Healthcare Assistants.
Your duties could include:
• helping patients to wash, shower or dress
• serving food or helping people eat
• making and changing beds
• turning patients who are confined to bed to avoid pressure sores
• talking to patients to help them feel less anxious
• helping patients to move around if they find it difficult
• giving out and collecting bedpans, and helping patients to the toilet
• making sure the ward or patient’s homes are tidy
• keeping supplies and equipment in order
• taking and recording observations such as temperature, pulse and breathing
Your day-to-day work may include using mobility aids and equipment to help lift and move patients. In hospitals you may also escort patients between departments. With experience, you may be involved in induction training for new healthcare assistants.
- Personal Care