BMI Healthcare is the UK’s largest provider of independent healthcare with a network of hospitals across the country. Our aim is to employ the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group offers the prospect for great career progression and development throughout the UK.
BMI Healthcare’s Ross Hall Hospital in Glasgow is Scotland’s largest private hospital with 101 beds, 6 operating theatres, a 5-bay endoscopy suite and 22 consulting rooms. We are the only private hospital in Scotland with a level 3 intensive care unit (5 beds) and provide a wide range of treatments from routine investigations to complex surgery across many specialties. Eye Care Scotland, our dedicated ophthalmic suite, also offers treatments and surgical options for 11 sub-specialties within Ophthalmology and our 11 bed day chemotherapy unit provides Systematic Anti-Cancer Treatment (SACT) and supporting medications and is fully accredited with the MacMillan Quality Environment Mark which aims to set the highest possible standards for cancer care environments.
We have an opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
We are looking for a competent and committed individual required to work as an integral part of the nursing and Multi-disciplinary team, providing a high standard of patient centred care, meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues to deliver care, maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users under the supervision of a Registered Practitioner. Fully supported induction period provided with Training opportunities available
This is a PART time role for 20 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Care Certificate.
- NVQ Level 1 and/or be willing to work towards NVQ Level 2 (Healthcare specific) or equivalent.
- Willing to work towards NVQ Level 3 (Healthcare specific) or equivalent
- Previous experience in a Healthcare Assistant role.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team, and using own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable.
Duties of this role include:
- To work as an integral part of the nursing and Multi-disciplinary team, providing a high standard of patient centred care, meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues.
- Working within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver care, maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users under the supervision of a Registered Practitioner.
- Demonstrate competence in the role of Healthcare Assistant within the scope of your working areas.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Work alongside multi-disciplinary team to provide safe and high quality care provision for patients.
- Support colleagues and senior staff to help promote good team morale, leading my example with one’s own professional behaviour.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
If you would like any further information or an informal chat before applying then please contact Caroline Crichton on .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'