Athona Recruitment is recruiting for a band 2 health care assistant to work for an NHS Trust based in Guildford, Surrey, on a full-time/ part-time agency basis.
About the Trust
The hospital is a 520-bed District General Hospital, located on the fringe of Guildford, and is a leading general hospital and specialist centre for cancer services and treatment.
Nursing teams at the hospital have been recognised for their innovation and excellent care after being shortlisted for five top awards.
About the role
You will join a busy and dynamic ward environment whilst providing the very best levels of clinical care. You'll make sure that all procedures are carried out to the highest standards, optimising the well-being of every patient.
Duties will include:
- Washing and dressing
- Helping people to mobilise
- Bed making
- Generally assisting with patient's overall comfort
- Monitoring patient's conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respiration's and weight.
- The qualities we are looking for in applicants are;
- Relevant experience working in a similar position.
- Knowledge in the following; Health and Safety, Basic Life Support and Manual Handling, certification dated within the last year - desirable but not essential.
- DBS registered on the update service
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
Applicants must be capable of rising to the challenge of working in new ways and willing to practice autonomously within a busy hands-on environment. You will be supported by, and work with, a diverse multi-skilled experienced professional team of clinical and non-clinical friendly staff.
Why choose Athona?
- Excellent salary and benefits
- Exclusive access to jobs across all bands and specialities.
- Specialist dedicated Recruitment Consultant.
- Refer a nurse and earn up to £150.
Athona Recruitment's Nursing division is an award-winning, on-framework agency that specialises in placing nurses into shifts, fixed-term contracts or permanent positions in the South East and Midlands. If you're looking for a role in the NHS or private sector, we have a position for you.
Did you know Athona also has a dedicated international team? So if you're based overseas and looking for a position in the UK, our specialised team can help you find the perfect role.
- Nursing - Band 2
- Nursing - Band 3
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job