Healthcare Worker / Support Worker
Elysium Healthcare brings together a unique approach to the delivery of care where the patient is embedded in the heart of all aspects of hospital life.
Our inclusive way of working has the patient as a true partner in their care. We recognise that each and every member of staff has an important role to play in the success of Elysium. It is with their dedication, passion and hard work that we can deliver excellent care programs that truly benefit the patients.
Elysium Healthcare has a network of 41 sites strategically placed across England and Wales. We currently have a number of Healthcare Worker opportunities available at Wellesley Hospital which is a Medium & Low Secure site for men and women with mental health issues.
Annual salary: £15,000-£21,000
Hours per week: 37.5
Our Healthcare Worker role involves:
• Assisting and supporting the assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of patients in the unit and on community trips as part of our nursing team.
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary team under the direct supervision of a qualified nurse
• Undertaking a range of duties involving direct patient contact and interaction
• Working within an identified career development pathway and being expected to complete appropriate competency development portfolios.
Please note that you will be required to undertake some night shifts.
To be successful as a Healthcare Worker, you’ll need:
Skills and Knowledge
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work flexibility
• Basic literacy skills
• Common sense approach to problem solving
• Basic numeracy skills
• Motivation and initiative
• Some appreciation of Mental Health problems
• Education to GCSE Standard - NVQ or equivalent would be an advantage
About our benefits
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits:
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (at commencement of employment)
• A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
• Free meals while on duty
• Employee Assistance Services
• Continuous learning and development
• Childcare vouchers
• Career development
• Personal health insurance
• Voluntary Benefits