Newcross Healthcare are looking to recruit experienced, compassionate and dedicated Care Assistants to work with our clients in the Anglesey area through our local branch in Colwyn Bay.
This is a permanent job with the flexibility to work short or long day shifts, nights or weekends or a combination of these. You can vary your rota to accommodate family commitments or you can work shifts that fit your off-duty rota, it’s your choice.The Position
Through your kind and compassionate approach, you will build professional relationships with clients, providing companionship as well as day-to-day care. You will play a vital role in supporting the well-being and quality of life of each individual in your care. Daily tasks may include assisting with washing and dressing, meal times, personal care and enabling service users to participate in their favourite activities.
We take pride in the quality of our care, so we’re looking for experienced Care Assistants with a genuine, caring approach as well as the skills to deliver person-centred care.
We currently have shifts in a variety of environments, including nursing, care and residential homes, plus learning disability settings, so previous experience in at least one of these is essential.The Benefits:
- Salary of up to £11.96/hr, paid weekly including holiday pay
- Permanent, flexible hours contract
- Free uniform & training through credits earned as you work
- Criminal record check (DBS) cost refunded after initial period
- Agreed mileage payments for most clients
- Recommend a Friend scheme paying up to £500 per successful referral
- Online area and smartphone app to manage your availability, bookings and payslips
- Local line manager and branch support team
- 24-hour support contact centre, open 365 days a year
As a nurse or care employee of Newcross, expect job satisfaction that goes beyond other nursing agencies. Our nursing and care assistant jobs come with peace-of-mind as our staff are employed on a permanent basis and with the flexibility to choose your own hours, you can have the work-life balance to suits you.The local branch
Our Colwyn Bay branch is situated on Station Road, just opposite the train station! We cover towns in northern Wales such as Anglesey, Prestatyn, Denbign and Llanrwst.
We are down the road from the popular seaside resort Rhos-on-Sea, which includes a number of historic sites associated to Llywelyn the Great who was Prince of Gwynedd in the 13th century.Role Requirements:
- The right to live and work in the UK
- At least 3 months’ previous paid experience working in a care environment in the UK within the last 3 years
- Referee contact details for your current place of work, including a manager who can comment on your clinical ability, and for all employments in the past 18 months or your 3 most recent jobs
A certificate confirming your participation in a practical moving and handling course in the last 12 months or be willing to book onto a Newcross course
If you have an NVQ2 / SVQ2 in Health and Social Care, or currently work in a care assistant job, you could be fast tracked through our recruitment process.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.
If you cannot apply online, please call . Newcross Healthcare Solutions is committed to promoting equal opportunities and nothing in this job advert is intended to discriminate against anyone in any way.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job