Develop your nursing career with HCA Healthcare UK - The World's largest private acute and complex care hospital group.
The Wellington Hospital is part of HCA and is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 900 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join our state-of- the-art Breast Care Unit at The Platinum Medical Centre located in London (NW8 7JA). You will assist clinical staff in providing care of the highest quality to patients undergoing breast assessment and perform administrative duties as required, facilitating the smooth running of the department. With appropriate training and supervision you will assist the Consultants with chaperone duties and clinical procedures; for example, ultrasound guided core biopsy, guide wire localisation and simple wound care.
- Job Type: Permanent, full-time role (37.5 hours per week)
- Shift pattern: Mon/Wed/Thus/Fri = 9am to 5pm & every Tuesday = 12pm to 8pm.
- Salary: £20,663 - £23,402 per annum, plus a benefits package.
- Benefits: Mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, health & wellbeing support system, pension, private medical care and much more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist clinical staff in the assessment clinics providing the highest quality of care to patients undergoing breast assessment.
- To empathise with and reassure women undergoing assessment and diagnostic tests.
- To act as assistant in the assessment clinics, assisting clinicians during ultrasound examinations, needle biopsy procedures, and wire localisations.
- Support other members of the team with the preparation and assisting with clinical procedures/investigations.
- To ensure that laboratory specimens are accurately labeled, documented and transported to the pathology laboratory and to record the client/ patient details in the specimen tracking folder.
- Keep clinical rooms clean and tidy, change linen and gowns on a daily basis.
- Provide Receptionist cover as required to ensure patients are accurately registered and insurance details are correct using both paper and IT-based systems.
- To monitor stock levels and order consumables for the clinics and report shortfalls to Breast CNS.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of working as a Healthcare Assistant within a Hospital environment is strongly desirable.
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Health and Social Care is essential.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Excellent IT/Computer skills.
- Private Healthcare
- Breast Cancer