About the role
About the company
Interserve Healthcare is a leading care provider who puts care at the heart of everything we do. Our Healthcare Assistants support a range of clients varying in age and care requirements which can include mental health, learning disabilities, physical disabilities and clients with more complex clinical needs.
About the role
We are currently seeking a number of Healthcare Assistants to support a male client in Nelson area. The successful Healthcare Assistants will be able to prove they've had at least 6 months experience in healthcare and will demonstrate excellent communication and record keeping skills, along with a positive and proactive attitude and general interest in supporting clients on 1 to 1 basis and helping them to live a high quality life while remaining at home and within their local community. Our client suffers from dementia and needs help with everyday tasks and personal care, as well as social support and light household duties. They speak English but have Punjabi heritage so any Punjabi speakers are welcome.
The client requires support during the day (shifts 8am til 8pm) and during the night (8pm til 8am) 7 days a week.
Following skills & experience required:
• 6 months previous care experience
• Experience of working with clients with complex care needs (advantageous)
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening
• Have a caring and compassionate attitude
• Can commit to regular hours
• Experience of working with dementia clients
• Experience of working with elderly clients
• Medication management
• Catheter care
• Manual handling
About the Company
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
• Weekly pay plus holiday pay
• On-going 24/7 support from the Senior Nurse Team
• Refer a friend bonus scheme
• First refusal to other care opportunities
• Members loyalty scheme
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).