BASILDON MENTAL HEALTH UNIT
EMERGENCY AND INPATIENTS SERVICES
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust (EPUT) is one of the leading Mental Health & Learning Disabilities NHS Trust in the country. To achieve this we have prioritised staff to be innovative and progressive, providing a comprehensive range of community services that encompasses a recovery model. This includes supervision, in house training and a proactive workforce development team that underpins practice.
An exciting opportunity has arisen and we are in the position to recruit a Band 2 Health Care assistant for our ECTAS Accredited Basildon ECT Team. The ECT Suite is based at Basildon Mental Health Unit and treatment days are currently Tuesday and Fridays.
The successful candidate will be a competent practitioner and will be able to:
- Undertake assigned tasks that involve direct patient care
- Take and record blood pressure, temperature, pulse and respiration rates
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining the health and safety of patients, which includes ensuring all pre-ECT checks are complete and assisting with patient treatment and recovery
- Assist in assessment of the patient
- Ensure the environment is prepared for the clinic
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Act in a manner that protects and maintains the patient’s sense of dignity, personal relationships and social contact, while respecting the individual’s religious beliefs and cultural practices
- Partake in the lifting and moving of patients when required – in lines with the Trust’s manual handling policy
- Contribute to supervision and mentoring of lower banded staff and teaching of students where appropriate
- Above all be highly motivated
- Assist in the maintenance and ordering of stock and consumables
- Having a working knowledge of ECTAS and current ECT practice is desired, but not essential as information will be shared within the role and training provided
The successful candidate will deliver the highest quality care for patients with acute mental health issues; with a positive attitude with a commitment to maintain EPUT’s excellent customer care. We are looking for people who can bring commitment and fresh ideas, and determination to take forward our service in new and innovative ways; in return we offer training and development of staff, support through regular supervision and appraisal to assist you in setting realistic objectives.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including;
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
For further details / informal visits contact:
Namestefanie WentJob titleMatronEmail addressAdditional contact information
Stefanie Went at
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'