BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Duchy Hospital in Harrogate has a vacancy for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Care Certificate.
- NVQ Level 1 and/or be willing to work towards NVQ Level 2 (Healthcare specific) or equivalent.
- Willing to work towards NVQ Level 3 (Healthcare specific) or equivalent.
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Previous experience in a Healthcare Assistant role.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
Duties of this role include:
- To work as an integral part of the nursing and Multi-disciplinary team, providing a high standard of patient centred care, meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues.
- Working within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver care, maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users under the supervision of a Registered Practitioner.
- Deliver a high standard of care in accordance with BMI policies and procedures.
- Conduct yourself professionally within the HCA standard framework, understanding the standards in accordance with the Nursing Midwifery Council (NMC) Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- Demonstrate competence in the role of Healthcare Assistant within the scope of your working areas.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job