Health & Wellbeing Coach: Nutrition & Physical Activity
£15.00 per hour for group sessions
£12.50 per hour for one to one sessions
ICS Health & Wellbeing is a dynamic and accomplished organisation dedicated to making the UK’s local and workplace communities healthier. Working with local authorities, CCGs and employers, we design, implement and evaluate innovative health and wellbeing services that will result in long-term health benefits through sustained behaviour change.
We are currently seeking a Health & Wellbeing Coach to deliver a Diabetes Prevention Programme that comprises of physical activity and dietary components underpinned by behaviour change techniques.
The Health & Wellbeing Coach is responsible for delivering the group and 1 to 1 sessions which facilitate health improvement with a non-judgemental and motivational approach; and maintaining contact with service users between face-to-face contacts to ensure engagement.
Candidates with the ability to speak other languages would be a key advantage for this role.
- Conduct the Initial Assessment with the service user, take clinical and non-clinical measurements including validated questionnaires, height and weight, and POCT (finger and venous blood samples) for HbA1C (training will be provided)
- Deliver group sessions ensuring fidelity to the programme curriculum content to enable service users to change their behaviour and improve health
- Deliver group activity sessions
- Conduct 1 to 1 review sessions with the service user at regular intervals
- Implement a service user engagement strategy to ensure adherence to the programme and minimise drop-outs
- Maintain accurate data monitoring records for all service users within your caseload
- Where required, conduct risk assessments on potential delivery venues
- Where required, deliver engagement events to generate interest in the programme from potential service users and stakeholders
- Liaise with Service Users, Service Manager, NDPP Relationship Manager, Operations Manager, Head of Service Development and key stakeholders
We are looking for individuals who hold a minimum of an undergraduate degree in nutrition, or exercise science with a specialist interest in nutrition. Candidates who have either a Nutritional qualifications OR Fitness Qualification will be considered, previous experience in a similar role such as a Health Trainer would also be considered. REPS recognised qualifications would be an advantage.
Additional training in areas such as motivational interviewing and behaviour change would be an asset. Other essentials are the ability to prioritise and manage your caseload, a positive attitude, and strong interpersonal skills, in particular, active listening.
Why ICS Health & Wellbeing?
ICS has been listed in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for four times in the last six years. We are a forward thinking organisation offering excellent training with ongoing support and development to help you realise your potential and career aspirations. We believe that our success is based on your success. We offer a wide range of company benefits including a pension scheme and 25 days holiday (pro-rata).
This is a part-time position which will include some evenings and occasional weekend work and will include some local travel.
- Motivational Interviewing
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job