Role: Health & Wellbeing Adviser
Salary: £28,000 - £38,350
Type: Permanent, Full Time (Part Time will be considered)
The post holder will provide skilled Biopsychosocial assessments and evidence based employment focussed interventions for clients with health related barriers.
As a Health & Wellbeing Adviser you will utilise CBT and your specialist skills, knowledge and experience, taking a holistic approach and working closely with employment advisors, key workers or case managers to help clients to better manage their physical and/or mental health support and enable them to remain in work or facilitate a successful return to employment.
Working with front line staff H&WB advisers will;
- Look at the health and wellbeing needs of their caseloads
- Ensure people are connected to the right services for their needs allowing them to move into employment
- Provide expert advice and guidance to participants with complex needs
- Provide In-person, virtual engagement and 3-way case conferencing
- Signpost to other agencies are common parts of the role and you'll need to work closely with other healthcare professionals, and engage local health / social care services to promote integration
In addition -
- Attend multidisciplinary meetings where required
- Undertake clinical supervision on a regular basis in line with relevant professional guidelines and policies;
- Keep accurate records of client activity and use these in decision making.
Candidates must have experience of applying Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and/or, Motivational Interviewing and/or Brief Solution Focused Therapy approaches to a client base. You will also have experience of delivering one to one work and facilitating workshops. Applicants will have both passion and an interest in empowering unemployed clients to effectively manage their mental health, whilst supporting them to move closer to work.
The successful candidate will be a member of one of the following regulatory bodies as below:
- An accredited Cognitive Behavioural Therapist registered with the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- A Physiotherapist with psycho-social experience, registered with the HCPC
- An Occupational Therapist, registered with HCPC.
- A counsellor/psychotherapist registered as an accredited practitioner with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP);
- Mental Health Nurse, registered with NMC
- Clinical psychologist, registered with HCPC
- Motivational Interviewing
- Occupational Therapy
- Solution Focused