BHFT INTERNALS ONLY PLEASE APPLY
What’s special about this opportunity?
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust can provide you with a dynamic, people-centred environment, where you will be empowered to support patients with complex conditions, adopting a personalised approach to patient care that maximises independence, choice and control, following our philosophy of enabling people to reach and maintain their optimum level of health and wellbeing.
We value our employees and put people first. As a Global Digital Exemplar, we will provide you with an excellent working environment that has just been recognised as having a ‘Outstanding’ rating overall, having being an ‘Outstanding’, well-led, organisation, and having an ‘Outstanding’ Older Adults Community Mental Health Team in our latest CQC inspection, which found that: ‘There was a clear vision, underpinned by a set of values that were well understood by staff across the trust.’
Working in a passionate team, you will have access to our Trust-wide Learning and Development programme and be supported in your career and personal growth, with opportunities to help you build your Continuing Professional Development portfolio, enabling you to extend your skills and ensure that you excel.
We are pioneers in compassionate leadership and Quality Improvement, which is about creating a culture where everyone has a voice and where service users and staff collaborate to have a direct impact on the things that matter most.
Are you an experienced Health Visitor looking for a development opportunity within management? If so; an exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and experienced Health Visitor who is seeking to develop and move into a management role within the Reading locality.
We strongly believe in developing our staff to their best ability. The successful candidate will be supported to develop professionally; this will include a comprehensive induction Programme, values-based recruitment training and BHFT’s Excellent Manager Programme.
You will be leading health visiting teams across the West Berkshire locality in the delivery of the Healthy Child Programme as part of our commissioned service. Inspiring, highly skilled teams, incorporating; Health Visitors, Staff Nurses, Nursery Nurses working together in the delivery of the highest standards of care for West Berkshire families with children under 5 years.
You will work as part of a dynamic, supportive management team, working effectively across the CYPF wider team and in partnership with key stakeholders; local authority, primary and acute care, midwifery services and services delivered from Children centres.
Berkshire Healthcare is proud to have received an ‘Outstanding’ rating by the CQC in 2020. Health Visiting is part of the Children, Young People and Families directorate, which is also proud to have received full Baby Friendly accreditation.
About the Job/role
- The post holder has responsibility for the operational management and leadership of Universal Children’s service (Health Visiting) across the West Berkshire locality.
- Responsible for the operational planning, implementation and delivery of the teams under your care
- Lead on workforce planning and recruitment, demonstrating an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the uniqueness of the locality
- To be a proactive member of the West Berkshire locality Children’s management team ensure that best practice and learning is disseminated across the workforce quickly and effectively.
- Translate and communicate performance data to empower staff to take ownership and drive forward a quality service
Some of the benefits of joining our team:
- AfC Salary ranging from £38,890 to £44,503 per annum
- Flexible working opportunities and a strong emphasis on your work, life balance
- Annual leave – 27 days for new starters, plus bank holidays. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years NHS service. Pro rata for part time staff
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Salary sacrifice scheme for a new car
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave for eligible staff
- Advanced IT enablement and support
- Confidential telephone care service providing independent support and advice for staff
- And so much more
The 3 “must haves” for you to be considered for this role:
- A Health visiting qualification along with NMC registration
- Broad experience of leading teams
- Hold a full UK Driving License and have use of a car for work purposes
If you recognise yourself in these requirements, we would recommend you apply today!
If you share our passion for people and the dedication to excel, we’d love to hear from you.
We are happy to answer any questions that you may have. Please don’t hesitate to call Sam Knight on or Amanda Lowe on or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or amanda.Lowe@berkshire.nhs.uk) who’ll be delighted to help.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'