Job Title: Health & Safety Trainer
Location: Based in Glasgow (but with national travel involved - visiting other offices / client locations)
Salary: Competitive Salary + car or £5,500 car allowance, pension, private healthcare and 33 days holiday (includes bank holidays)
Hours: 40 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Our client is one of the UK’s leaders in providing innovative engineering and construction solutions. They provide constructive solutions, UK wide to clients within a variety of sectors including retail, health, education and commercial.
An exciting opportunity is available for an experienced, innovative and engaging HSE trainer to assist the business in delivering accredited HSE courses both internally and to external clients.
The trainer will work as part of the Health and Safety team and will report to the Head of Risk & Compliance. They will train, assess and deliver a full range of nationally recognised health and safety qualifications varying from CITB SS+, SPA and IOSH courses. They will also develop and train bespoke in-house courses through engaging and interactive face to face and blended learning, using a variety of assessment methods including remote training delivery.
They will evaluate the success and impact of training delivered, complete internal reports and documentation within specified timescales. They will also liaise with awarding bodies and obtain centre approval ensuring they supply all relevant documentation and maintain internally.
Whilst this role will be based in Glasgow, there will be a requirement to travel nationally to our other office or client locations.
- Delivery of a comprehensive range of training programmes in relation to Health and Safety, including courses such as H&S Awareness, SMSTS, SSSTS, SPA and Abrasive Wheels.
- Developing and tailoring training programmes to suit the specific needs of employees and clients, this includes development and application of appropriate lesson and session plans which facilitate delivery of both face to face and as required remote courses.
- Attending training courses and undertaking research as and when necessary to ensure a continuous personal development.
- Use of additional training material such as video clips, photographs, and coursework to engage the audience and allow practical and theoretical knowledge retention.
- Ensuring that attendance registers are signed and passed to the administration in order to accurately record trainings on the employees’ personal files.
- Ensuring that feedback forms are completed by all delegates at the end of the course and reviewed to acknowledge any suggestions made on the delivery of the course in question.
- Liaising with the H&S Coordinator for the planning of external training.
- Attendance at H&S Team Meetings as and when required.
Professional / Educational Qualifications:
- Training Qualification (PTTLS C&G7307 or equivalent)
- CITB Site Manager Safety Training Scheme
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
- Chartered Membership of IOSH (CMIOSH) or working towards - DESIRABLE
- Accreditation to deliver Cskill and IOSH courses SMSTS, SSSTS, H&SA, Managing Safely etc - ESSENTIAL
Relevant Work / Other Experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of delivering health and safety training
- Clear understanding of current health and safety legislation and application
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to respond well to competing priorities and demands including time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Adaptable and analytical approach to tasks and problem solving
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint.
- Have a good working knowledge of remote learning platforms such as Teams, Zoom, Google Classroom etc.
- Ability to create courses. Ability to scope, write syllabus, lesson plan and presentation
Interested candidates must have a full and valid driving licence and be prepared to travel. To apply for this role please submit your full CV to Daniel Murphy at PDA Search and Selection.
- Safety Training
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'