Health & Safety Supervisor
To be responsible for providing supervision and tactical leadership for health and safety across warehousing and distribution. Developing and implementing best practice and effective policy, ensuring the company complies with all current health and safety legislation including Acts, Regulations, ACoPs and official guidance and standards.
Working with Senior Management of the Distribution Centre, within their areas of responsibility, to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of health and safety. Providing insightful analysis, reporting and successful partnering to engage leaders on the effects of good health and safety practices.
Support management in building upon a health and safety culture within the organisation through innovative approach and appropriate training programs.
Who are we looking for?
- Previous experience of health and safety supervision within a distribution centre manufacturing facility
- Experience in risk assessments; accident and investigation; causation analysis and influencing change
- An appreciation of DSEAR and low tier COMAH sites
- Writing and delivering heatlh and safety training programs
- Minimum NEBOSH General Certificate
- Member of IOSH, preferred working toward GradIOSH as a minimum
- Ability to influence, engage and drive at all levels
What will we offer you?
With a competitive starting salary, 23 days holiday pa (plus Bank Holidays) and a contributory pension scheme, you will find the potential for a long term career. You will also enjoy the variety of your role in a highly professional team, with the satisfaction that your input will make a real contribution to our success.
If you feel that your experience meets our needs and you want to apply for this role, then please send us your CV together with a covering letter detailing your relevant experience and stating your current salary details.
We regret that due to the volume of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.
Our Purpose and Our culture - Our purpose is very simple - we love to help people look and feel great! We do this by being a trusted friend in the know on all things hair and beauty, by offering
- A uniquely personalised experience
- Inspirational ideas and solutions
- Expert support and advice, work better together
The Company - Sally Salon Services Limited (known as SBH UK & Ireland and trading as Sally and Salon Services), are nationally recognised for supplying hair and beauty professionals with an extensive range of over 6,000 hair and beauty products, as well as a full range of salon equipment.
Candidates must be based and eligible to work in the UK for this opportunity. Please provide your CV (in word format) and current remuneration with your application. Sally Salon Services appreciates you taking the time to apply and closely reviews each submission but sadly cannot always respond to all applicants.
No agencies should respond to this advert.
- Health & Safety Supervisor