Demon Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for a leading company in Sunbury who are seeking an experienced Health & Safety Site Auditor.
To aid structured Management approach to Health and Safety Compliance.
To ensure personal and company awareness of current Health and Safety, and wider Compliance issues (including Regulations, ACOPS, guidance etc) and to make recommendations to Health and Safety Compliance Manager and/or the Board of Directors, with the aim of continual improvement in the overall safety culture.
To liaise with all site staff, helping to ensure continuing professional development with practical audits, competency assessments etc.
To interact with staff at all levels, from training sessions for operatives to ensure continuing professional development, Audits with Supervisors to ensure any shortfalls are identified and corrected, and recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding Health, Safety or Compliance issues.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, and systems by means of site audit to ensure:
- Existence and awareness of a suitable and relevant health and safety policy.
- A safe workplace without risk to health.
- Safe plant and machinery, and safe movement, storage and use of articles and substances.
- Adequate provision of first-aid and welfare facilities and support.
- Provision of suitable and current information and supervision concerning health and safety policies and practices.
- Proper and timely assessment of risks to health and safety, and implementation of measures and arrangements identified as necessary from the assessments.
- Provision of emergency procedures, first-aid facilities, safety signs, relevant protective clothing and equipment, and incident reporting to the relevant authorities.
- Liaison as necessary with other organisations and relevant authorities, and assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions.
- The workplace satisfies health, safety and welfare requirements for ventilation, temperature, lighting, sanitary, washing and rest facilities.
- Prevention and precautions against, or adequate control of, exposure to hazardous substances, and danger from flammable, explosive, electrical, noise, radiation and manual handling risks.
- Surveillance and reporting on health and safety practices and systems.
Preferable Qualifications, Professional Bodies & Skills:
IOSH Managing Safely. Membership of IOSH (Minimum Tech:IOSH)
NEBOSH General Certificate (NGC1, 2, 3). NEBOSH National Construction Certificate.
Excellent communication, presentation and research skills.
Demon Recruitment Group confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
- Health Safety
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'