Are you an experienced Health and Safety professional looking to take on a new challenge? If so Viridor are recruiting and are looking for individuals just like you!
Due to continued success and growth, we are now looking to recruit a Health, Safety, Security & Assurance Advisor for our team in Rochester and surrounding areas, working 37.5 hours a week.
In return for your hard work as our Health, Safety, Security & Assurance Advisor, we can offer a salary of £30,000 - £45,000 per annum plus excellent benefits, including:
- Company Car
- A free helpline for health, legal or personal issues available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Free eye tests and prescription and safety eyewear where required.
- A contributory pension scheme - helping you plan for later in life.
- Childcare vouchers, payroll giving (charity donations from salary deducted before tax) and cycle to work schemes are all available through Viridor Extras,
- Discounts on local gym membership and some of the biggest retail brands.
The ideal Health, Safety, Security & Assurance Advisor:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent, including English and Mathematics at grade C or above
- NEBOSH National Certificate or equivalent level 3 qualification in Occupational Safety and Health
- Experience in a specialist Health & Safety role advising a business on systems and processes and/or have had a front line Health & Safety responsibility.
- Full UK driving licence.
Health, Safety, Security & Assurance Advisor Responsibilities include:
- Provide professional advice to the business on all matters relating to HSSA.
- Assist the Head of HSSA (Viridor) to plan, produce, implement, monitor and review the organisation’s H&S management system.
- Assisting with the preparation of Health & Safety strategies and ensuring the management system reflects the stated H & S policy document
- Ensuring that the management system are risk focussed and implemented consistently
- Identifying, from findings relating to incidents, near misses, hazards and inspections, where improvements and/or modifications to the management system are required
- Support the business to investigate incidents, including technical advice and guidance to identify root cause and practical actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Monitor, review and recommend system improvements driven by information using leading indicators, leadership skills and core values and competencies
- Ensuring that the functional managers within the business understand their responsibilities for managing the Health & Safety of their teams
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health & Safety legislation, Health and Safety Executive (HSE) documents and any developments that particularly affect the waste industry
Viridor is one of the UK’s leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies. Part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group, Viridor puts waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy. This is an exciting time to work at Viridor. We are at the forefront of the UK’s green economy and we use smart people and technology to deliver our vision, bringing people together to give the world’s resources new life.
If you want to work within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable, APPLY now for the role of Health, Safety, Security & Assurance Advisor.
Closing Date: 26th February 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job