As a rapidly growing Company who are leaders within the automotive aftermarket, we have an exciting career opportunity for a Health & Safety Officer to support the network within Parts Alliance Group.
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic Health & Safety Officer who will drive Health, Safety and Environmental standards through the provision of advice, support and guidance to Regional, Branch Management Teams and Branch/Distribution network whilst ensuring that all Health, safety and environmental legislation is adhered to.
As the Health & Safety Officer, you will work in collaboration with Management teams to ensure Health & Safety procedures are compliant, communicated and reviewed whilst coordinating advice and delivering Health & Safety training requirements across the Group.
The position will be field based covering Midlands, North Wales, North West, North East England, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland. The successful applicant should ideally live North of Birmingham.
The role will involve:
- Advise on matters relating to H&S, including the obligations and responsibilities of managers, employees and contractors.
- Conduct internal H&S audits and inspections at designated branches to meet agreed company standards and fulfil the obligations of current legislation and promote continued improvement and change.
- Maintain and keep records of branch inspections whilst producing reports and action plans to ensure compliance with regulations and mitigate risks.
- Follow up on action plans and issue resolution to conclusion and escalate as appropriate
- In conjunction with Facilities and Project Teams ensure that contractors provide the suitable Risk Assessments, method statements and documentation to proceed with
- Cascade relevant policies in to all areas
- Provide appropriate Health, Safety and Fire risk assessment methodology to ensure all potential risks are identified and control measures are implemented
- Investigate accidents and near misses, and recommend resolution or change to procedure as appropriate
- Manage the accident policy to minimise the risk of accidents.
- Deliver a comprehensive training programme to promote, develop and sustain a positive Health & Safety culture
- Produce appropriate inputs to be provided at induction
- Keep abreast of current and proposed Health, Safety and environmental legislation and advises/acts appropriately
- Work with Advisory and legal bodies for Group e.g. HSE, or local authorities
- Work with product and supply teams to ensure safe storage and transportation of product.
- Work collaboratively within the Health and safety team to constantly refine and deliver the Group Health & safety Strategy.
The ideal candidate will have gained NEBOSH National General Certificate and ideally a technical or graduate member of IOSH. You will have good working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and 2 years’ minimum experience of developing and implementing H&S systems and procedures, whilst completing risk assessments and inspections. You must be practical and pragmatic with a hands-on approach and able to work on your own initiative or as part of a team. You will be a strong communicator with the ability to build relationships with people at all levels.
The role will require nights away from home with significant travel so you must have a valid driving licence with a maximum of 6 points.
£33K - £35K per annum
42.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
What We Offer!
- 28 days annual leave, including bank holiday and opportunity to increase annual leave for time served
- Online employee discount scheme including big discounts to local cinemas, theme park attractions, major retailers and much more
- Healthcare cash plan
- Company pension
- Childcare vouchers
- Career progression
How to Apply
If you feel you are suitable and want a rewarding career in a successful growing company please click the link below to apply.
Please note, due to the high level of applicants we receive, if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of submitting your application then you have not been shortlisted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'