Tropic Skincare, co-owned by Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, is a multi-award-winning beauty brand leading the way in natural, cruelty-free and vegan friendly skincare, cosmetics and hair care. We have been recognised by The Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 as the fastest growing beauty company in the UK and the London Stock Exchange in their shortlist of 1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain. It is our mission to help create a healthier, greener, more empowered world; our route to market is through our family of 10,000 Tropic Ambassadors for whom we’ve provided the products, business tools and confidence to start their own natural beauty business. Tropic HQ is made up of a fast growing, vibrant team; we offer plenty of career development opportunities within a company culture that is passionate, supportive and positive.
We are currently seeking an experienced Health and Safety Officer, to join our Tropic team based in Surrey. This is a new role to embark on, based at the new Tropic HQ premises where you will introduce, develop and maintain the building H&S procedures. You will be managing the health and safety of the new premises prior to moving the Tropic team into the space to then oversea the health and safety and risk assessments post move. The ideal candidate would be pro-active, innovative, be able to think on their feet and highly motivated to
Key job responsibilities:
- Act as the organisation's lead competent person for health and safety as defined by the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Ensure the organisation complies with current health and safety legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance in relation to employment, service provision and site safety.
- Work proactively with Managers, Employees, Foremen, Site Supervisors and Sub Contractors to establish and maintain a system that promotes a culture of safe workingpractices across the organisation.
- Ensure that management, foremen, employees, sub-contractors and site visitors comply with safety legislation and that safety policies and practices are adopted and adhered to.
- Actively promote health and safety awareness at all levels within the organisation and monitor health and safety compliance
- Carry out weekly site safety inspections, keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements.
- Arrange and collate periodic inspections of plant, machinery and tools.
- Monitor, evaluate and review Health and Safety policy and practice, make recommendations and implement new policies and procedures as required across the organisation.
- Arrange First aid and health and safety training for Tropic employees.
- Maintain all company health and safety handbooks and instructions.
- Pro-actively introduce new procedures and protocols.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A CMIOSH qualification is essential
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a health and safety role.
- Previous experience in setting up a factory
- Desire to grow and develop with the business
- Be able to work under pressure and prioritise work load.
- Extensive knowledge of effective health and safety management strategies & practice.
- Detailed knowledge of current health and safety legislation and its application in an construction environment.
- An understanding of the Tropic culture.
- Experience within the cosmetic industry would be beneficial
- Full time role: 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
- Office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Therapia Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away.
- Salary £40k-£60k per annum depending on experience.
- Position available immediately.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'