We currently have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety Manager to join our fast paced distribution centre in Liverpool.
As Health & Safety Manager, you will ensure a safe and compliant working environment across the site and all associated functions including transport. You will take ownership and be responsible for investigating and analysing information to implement continuous improvement, whilst remaining a hands on member of the team. We’re looking for someone who can embrace change, embrace challenges but most of all work at B&M speed whilst upholding the highest standards.
The key accountabilities of this role will be:
- To drive the HSE agenda, culture and strategy across the DC
- Ensure Health and Safety policies and procedures are implemented, communicated and adhered to
- To advise on statutory changes in health & safety legislation
- Helping to maintain the compliance of our health and safety first culture
- Create, develop, review and implement safe systems of work and risk assessments
- To ensure all legislative requirements are met, including reporting of RIDDORs
- Conduct training sessions at all levels on a variety of HSE topics
- Promote Health & Safety awareness and a positive culture through HSE campaigns
- Maintain and monitor safety training records through internal auditing
- Manage accident analysis and reporting to identify trends and areas for improvement
- Control legislative functions of the facilities management on site including LOLER & PUWER
Ideal candidates will have the following skills/experience:
- Minimum of 3 years working in a logistics/operational role with HSE direct responsibilities
- NEBOSH certified and good knowledge of H&S regulations/requirements
- Excellent communication skills, able to develop/maintain good relationships across all levels
- Able to deliver results in an extremely fast paced environment
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Open minded, able to embrace and influence change
- Excellent planning and organising skills
B&M Retail are the UK’s fastest growing variety retailer. We offer Customers a fantastic range of products including: Food, FMCG, Homewares, DIY, Furniture, Garden and Pet care at amazing prices. From only having 21 stores in 2005 to the 650+ stores we currently operate from,there is sure to be a store near you.
If you are looking to join an ambitious business, with fantastic career opportunities, apply online today!
B&M Retail are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment for all colleagues.
- Health & Safety Legislation
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'